Renaming an Xcode project is not overly difficult, but it does require a few steps. I have been successful with this method:
- In the Navigator, click on the top-level project element.
- Hover over the project’s name with the mouse and press enter.
- In the text field, rename the project and accept Xcode’s prompts.
- Close Xcode.
- Rename the source folder.
- Right-click on the ‘.xcodeproj’ file and “Show Package Contents”.
- Open the ‘.pbxproj’ file in a text editor and replace all instances of the old project name with the new one.
If everything was done properly, the project can be opened again like normal.